Samstag, 6. Juni 2015

BK08601.1 Trichocereus sp. Isla del Sol, Bolivia

BK08601.1 Trichocereus sp. Isla del Sol, Bolivia


Now, this is one of the most interesting Trichocereus species that were visited during the Sacred Succulents Field Trips! This was from the 2008 Field Trip and it is definitely related to Trichocereus Cuzcoensis. It also reminds me a little bit of Trichocereus Knuthianus, which also belongs to the Cuzcoensis complex and has similar, ragged areoles. Unfortunately, I lack any substantial information on this plant, other than that it grows on the Isla Del Sol in Bolivia.

Sacred Succulents gave away seed of this amazing species in 2008, but I do not know of anyone who raised some of them so far. If you happen to own this type, please let me know because it´s on my most-wanted list and I urgently need more pics of seed grown plants. The Isla Del Sol is an area that can be found in the souther part of the Lake Titicaca in Bolivia. It´s a wonderful area that is filled with ancient ruins and that screams “History”. I do not know if those plants were intentionally planted there or if they just evolved, but it´s definitely one of the coolest Trichocereus species out there.


Someone in our Trichocereus Facebook group recently reported of someone who offered to sell a cutting of this type. But so far, I haven´t heard of anyone actively selling them. I am looking for seed of this type.


Isla Del Sol in Bolivia


193 BK08601.1 Trichocereus sp. Isla del Sol, BoliviaCopyright: Ben Kamm, Sacredsucculents.com


192 BK08601



BK08601.1 Trichocereus sp. Isla del Sol, Bolivia

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen